Going from office-appropriate to night out style can be tricky.Â They key is to have a few perfect products on hand to make the transition a cinch!Â These tips from Jemma Kidd and David Horne will help you avoid a cosmetic faux-pas.
- Enhance natural colors from day look.
- Go two to three shades darker in the same color family you’re already wearing.
- Brown eyeliner and shadow is a safe bet for both day and play
- Clean up under your eyes with makeup wipes and concealer; this will freshen your look and make you look more awake
- Add a little bit of shimmer or glitter to your shadow or liner for a more glam spin
- Add some corner lashes for more drama
- Lining your upper water line is important – just look up and slide your liner gently across the upper rim of your eye
- If you’re having trouble applying false lashes or lining your upper water line, try tipping the mirror and looking down into it instead of looking at it straight on
- Waxier eye liner will hold better and won’t bleed under your lashes, so it’s great for a long night out or dancing
- Moisturizer tapped around the eye area and cheek bone reinvigorate your face & refresh your makeup
- Cream blush will help perk up your complexion
I used to work an evening shift almost every day, and after eight hours, my face needed some serious perking up before a date or party.Â If I only had a few minutes, my essentials included a fresh coat of mascara, an under eye cleanup and a refresh on the concealer, a light dusting of powder on oily areas, and a swipe of lip gloss.Â I usually work at locales that don’t mind dramatic makeup, so adding more color typically wasn’t an issue.Â However, glitter eye liner was a must!