Not many woman wear red lipstick, but Marilyn Monroe was the trend setter for red lipstick. And guess what? Any woman can pull off red lipstick! It doesn’t matter what your hair color is because red lips look hot on everyone. Any gal who steps out in red lipstick appears confident and sexy. When you where red lipstick your making a statement. With a little bit of red on your lips you’re demanding attention and you’ll make every guy wish his girlfriend was as hot as you!
But, a red lip has to be perfect. If youâ€™re using a lipstick, first use a lip liner to line your lips, and then apply lipstick with a lip brush, blot, and then reapply the lipstick.
but donâ€™t forget the key to pulling off any red lip color is to have healthy Â lips. Lipstick never looks good on chapped lips. And some lipsticks dry out lips even more. Keep your lips healthy and kissable with a lip balm containing natural ingredients such as beeswax and SPF. Also since your red lips will be the focus of your face keep the rest of your make-up minimal.
See our top 5 red lipstick choices:
1. NP Set St. John lipgloss ($15, target.com). This sparkly, red lipgloss is infused with shea butter to glide on easy. it also smells like strawberries!
2. Topshop Rio Rio lipstick ($10, us.topshop.com). This lipstick will give you aÂ ravishingÂ red color. That will last for hours!
3. Rimmel London Moisture Renew Berry Queen lip color ($6.99, cvs.com). This lipstick is more of a Â deep berry red. Itâ€™s a red color that gives a sophisticated nod to Marilynâ€™s lip legacy.
4. Lâ€™OrÃ©al Paris Infallible Le Rouge in Ravishing Red ($8.99, target.com). This is a longwearing lipstick infused with Vitamin E that conditions your lips while making you look utterly sexy!
5. Jemma Kidd Makeup School Ultimate Lipstick Duo in Scarlett ($19, dermstore.com). Scarlett is a pure red lipstick. The other side of the wand contains a lip balm. If you prefer a sheer color, use the lip balm first, then apply the lipstick.
special thanks to Betty Confidential for the top 5 lipstick ideas