I know, I know. I mentioned the “s” word… No, not shit. The other one! I apologize deeply. And on a side note-I just found out that I don’t get the Style Channel. WTF?! In any case… since you’ve got to go, you might as well go prepared. Here are my picks!
1. This is my top essential. Ojon Rub Out Dry Cleanser! Seriously, school or not, I can’t live without this product. As much as I love a good shower, I also enjoy doing nothing but reading beauty blogs and watching reruns of my favorite sitcoms and not brushing my hair for days on end (gross, I know). However, it’s often three days into these shower-free stretches that suddenly, the boyfriend needs to run an errand, or I need Subway. On that note, I’m also the kind of person who puts on makeup for a 2 a.m. gas station Twinkie run (again, gross). Now enter: Ojon Dry Shampoo. A few spritzes of this gem, a run-through of the fingers, and voila! I’m good to go. Now I just need some perfume…
Buyer’s Tip: the dry cleanser retails for $26 on Sephora. However, if you wander over to QVC.com, for just FOUR dollars more, you can pick up one of their kits and get 5 o.z. bottles of Ojon’s Hydrating Shampoo AND Conditioner… in addition to the dry shampoo. Score!
2. Bobby Pins & Hair bands. Obvious, right? Yeah, well, if I had a dollar for every time one of my peers asked me for one of those items, I could afford my textbooks! The trick to not losing them and having to ask people like me (side note: I have VERY short hair. Why would I have a rubber band?) is to keep a cute little change purse with you filled with essentials like those! Colored bobby pins can also jazz up your bangs on a day when you don’t feel like doing much more than pulling them out of your eyes. Creative tip: buy plain ones and paint with your favorite colored nail polish. Then you can do that sickeningly cute matchy-matchy thing! Even better… if you use a nail polish from OPI, you can buy matching lipstick, AND paint your bobby pins! EVERYTHING will match!
3. A good deodorant! Last year, my dorm was pretty much on the other side of town from campus. The bigger issue, though, was that every clear deodorant I tried stained my clothing. Then enters: Ban’s Clear Roll-On Deodorant. Salvation is mine! I prefer the unscented version because I have sensitive skin, but there are lots of scented varieties!
4. LOTS of lip balm. You can check out my earlier post for my faves; nothing is dryer than dorm air. Even more important… having smooth lips for that Friday night party!
5. Cargo blu_ray High Definition Mattifier. I read a sparkling review for this product a while ago, then promptly hopped on MUA to swap for it. Victory was mine! And Cargo’s not kidding-this baby really works. I smoothed it onto clean skin, set with a loose powder (I prefer Clinique’s line) and voila! Shine free for dinner out with the boy! This product is ideal for a long day on campus when you don’t want to worry about the pop quiz in math AND whether or not your nose is acting as a mirror for your study partner. Seriously.
That’s it for now! My box from Bliss (with my Fit Flops!) just arrived… expect reviews soon!
Back to School Bound,
The Beauty Sniper