I adore Zooey Deschanel. I’m also in love with tarte. And when I found out that they did her adorable makeup look for the 2013 Golden Globes? I KNEW I had to share just how they got it.
The look is inspired by the sixties and put together with modern spark and flair. Doesn’t Zooey look darling? You can steal her style with the tips below thanks to the ever amazing celeb makeup artist Jorjee Douglas.
- She prepped Zooey’s skin the night before with tarte’s pure maracuja oil to keep her skin soft and glowy.
- To even out her complexion and ensure her foundation lasted she applied BB tinted treatment primer in fair.
- Next, she blended tarte’s maracuja miracle 12-hr foundation to add extra radiance to her complexion. To conceal any uneven skin she used tarte’s maracuja creaseless concealer underneath her eyes.
- She added a pop of color with tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in frisky to the apples of her cheeks.
- For a touch of shimmer, she applied maracuja blush & glow brightening lumiziner and cheek tint in candlelight to the tops of her cheekbones and set her t-zone with a light dusting of Amazonian clay finishing powder.
- For a strong and defined brow, she used a mixture of tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil in taupe and medium brown.
- To make Zooey’s blue eyes pop, she started by blending the bronze shadows from tarte’s beauty & the box Amazonian clay eyeshadow quad in “in the buff” all over her lids.
- To create a cat-eye shape, she drew tarte’s multiplEYE lash enhancing liquid liner over her top lashline, with a dip at the outer corner.
- Inspired by Twiggy’s lashes, she painted on tiny lashes underneath her bottom lashes with the precise tip of multiplEYE lash enhancing liquid liner.
- She finished by applying two coats of lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 mascara to add major volume and drama to her lashes.
- Jorjee patted tarte’s glamazon pure performance 12-hour lipstick in bold over Zooey’s lips with her fingers to create a light stain and then went over it with LipSurgence lip luster in delighted to add extra shine.
And there you go darlings! Let me know if you re-create the look yourself.