Enhancing Working Memory
As you get older, you may notice that your brain isn’t quite what it used to be. Sometimes it’s hard to remember simple things such as what you need to add to your to-do list or what you did last week.
There are many brain boosters and supplements that are widely available on the market today, but if you aren’t ready to add those to your daily regime yet, Â you can still help improve your working memory with different techniques.
Studies have proven that some of the brain training programs and exercises can help individuals improve their brain function, attention span and working memory.
There are different cognitive processes that help in enhancing the brain power and functioning.
Here are a few techniques you can try at home…
- Personal Zen: This is aÂ brain training technique which mostly concentrates on the anxiety of the individual. This helps to reduce the anxiety and stress and make the individual think more about the positives and less about the negatives.
- Brain Trainer Special: This game is almost similar to that of Lumosity. This mostly concentrates on the memory of the person.
- Happify: The main aim for this game is to make the person happy and think about positive life. He then gets forced to defend all the negative thoughts and get used to cope up with stress. The individual gets used to get adjusted to all the habits which gets changing according to todayâ€™s lifestyle. This quality makes them happy to get used to their problems in life.
- Eidetic: This is another brain training program which is different from other apps. This helps the person remember some of the important data including the phone numbers and some important words and also the bank account details. Also this gives us a notification that the time has come to refresh the brain and make the memory sharp.
- Relief Link: This is a technique that was designed to reduce the rate of suicide attempts. Some of the people attempt the same because of depression or any kind of mood variations. This works on some methods like music that relax the mind, any kind of relaxing exercises etc. This also gives information regarding good therapist and any mental treatment facility centres if professional advice is necessary.
Cambridge Brain Science
This is one of the best known brain training programs.Â This mainly focuses on the concentration, reasoning and the memory power of the individual. There are many tests in this program. After each test is completed the result is shown to the user to know the area where the individual fail to achieve. This also gives them an opportunity to get back to the test for further improvement. One of the advantages for this program is that the user can verify whether his improvement has benefitted in the real cognitive task. This can be tested by undertaking another test which comes under the same category.
Those people who take nootropic supplements will benefit even further with the brain training programs. The results of your brain training will be enhanced if you take brain boostingÂ supplements along with yourÂ training programs.