According to SWAK’s great blog, there are 10 items every Fashionable Gal needs to be sporting this season! Check out the list…
1. Foundation garments: Starting with the proper undergarments is key to having a â€œSpring-Fabulousâ€ wardrobe. I feel that what you wear under clothes can definitely make or break your outfit. Every Plus Size woman must be sure to have proper fitting bras, panties, shapers, etc. to help smooth out your curves and complete the look you are trying to achieve. I do not leave home without these and particularly love the hide and sleek cami by SPANX.
2. Sexy Wrap dress: This is a definite must have dress style for every Plus Size woman. Why itâ€™s so amazing is because the diagonal part of the wrap works like magic to show off a narrow waist and fakes one for the wider waisted women. The wrap dress is a classic and is super sexy whether in a print or solid, pair it with a sexy pair of open toed heels and you are â€œSpring-Fabulous.â€ Check out the gorgeous new Anastasia Interchangeable Plus Size Wrap Dress ($89.99). This dress can also be worn as a one-shoulder style which particularly hot for spring.
3. A-line skirt: A Plus Size woman cannot go wrong with A-line! This skirt style is especially great for women who have either a tummy issue or a hip/thigh issue but works well for most figures. When finding the right length in an A-line skirt you want to stay away from styles that hit you mid-calf, itâ€™s better to just hit at or below the knee where the leg is the thinnest and shows off the curve of the calf. Try and pick an A-line with a pretty floral pattern that is perfect for spring.
4. Classic button-front shirt: A classic shirt you will reach for again and again. You canâ€™t go wrong with this style whether if itâ€™s for work, a casual day out and about, or a night out on the town. Long sleeve, short-sleeve, three-quarter sleeve, whatever sleeve, pair it up with a fitted vest or under a light weight sorbet colored cardigan and you are â€œSpring-Fabulous.â€
5. Jeans: Whether they are cropped or not, no wardrobe is complete without a great pair of plus size jeans! They can be dressed up or down. Wide-leg trouser style jeans are especially great for the more pear-shaped woman and the â€œSkinnyâ€ jean styles are great fit for the apple-shaped plus size woman. For spring, try out a pair of distressed â€œBoyfriend Styleâ€ jeans for a more casual laid-back look. Whatever style you choose be sure to save the lighter washes for more casual daytime looks and the darker washes for the dressier night out look.
6. Trench coat: This is a perfect spring staple! A Trench coat gives an outfit a complete, more polished look. Pick one in a bright spring color or basic khaki. Find one that fits close to your body or that has a tie at the waist for a more figure flattering look. Three-quarter length styles are the most flattering, but be sure to stay away from the styles that have oversized lapels that can be extremely overpowering.
7. Flat sandals: The foot-friendly flat sandal is a true essential for a â€œSpring-Fabulousâ€ wardrobe. In addition to embellished, fringed, patent, metallic, and snake skin print flat sandals the â€œgladiatorâ€ look is particularly stylish and is worn great with jeans, Bohemian style tops, skirts, and dresses.
8. Romantic blouse: This blouse should have a romantic feel to it with a lightweight, soft, flowy fabric in a light pastel solid or print. Find a style that has some lace or ruffle detail to make it â€œSpring-Fabulous.â€ If the blouse is loose enough perhaps try belting it to define your waistline. Pair this blouse with jeans and your flat sandals and you are set.
9. Deep V-neck top: Deep V-necklines are a staple in plus size women fashions. Wearing a deep v-neck makes the body look longer and leaner and is extremely flattering for a plus size figure. If a deep V-neck is not for you pair it with a lightweight coordinating color cami for a great layered look with a pair of jeans.
10. Hobo bag: Comfortable hobo style bags in colors such as black, white, beige, metallic, blue, green, orange, and violet are extremely hot this season. Make an impression and carry something bold and bright.
I love this list, and I think it’s totally on the mark. I have a few of the items listed (and will be reviewing a dress from SWAK in the very near future) but I’ve still got some shopping to do! What about you? Are you digging these ten essentials, or do you think these are non-essentials. Anything missing? I want to know what you think!